Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Abby Cadabby 1st Birthday Party

Little Stef turned 1 on October 8th and we held her party the next day.  Being that it is Fall in the Poconos...you just never know what the weather can be like at this time of year.  Heck...the last couple of years our first snow has been in October.  So with that said I decided to hold it in the house.  We have a nice finished off basement that I was confident could accommodate lots of friends and family and not feel to crowded. 

Stef loves Sesame Street and seems to get a real thrill out of Abby Cadabby so that is the theme we went with.  The only thing I really wanted for this party was one of those fancy cakes with the fondant icing and what not.  I knew that would cost me a pretty penny so I tried to save money in other areas.  I made pretty much all the decorations, got all the tableware through Oriental Trading , and made the tutu and onesie for the birthday girl.  Take a look at how it turned out. 

Food & Drink Station before we put the food out.  We had chicken, ham, and egg salad sandwiches.  PB& J sandwiches cut into stars for the kids.  Jell-O mousse cut into stars in pink, purple, and blue.  Pickle platter and chips.  Then I made a berry bunch and had coffee and tea available. 




The basement all decorated





Table decorations


Centerpieces that I made.  Took glittery scrapbook paper and cut them into stars.  Got cheap fish bowls and filled them with tissue paper, flowers, and princess wand. 


Play area set up for the kids


The gorgeous cake we had made.  Wrapped the boa around it for some extra decorations and placed the candle on top.


Birthday girl in her homemade tutu and onesie that I made to say her name and a big one on it. 


The back of the onesie I put an iron on transfer of wings and then blinged it out. 


Eating the cake!!!

If you like the tutu and want one for your little girls party...please check out my store...and order one today!!!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/2under2mom 

2 comments:

  1. Little girl looks like a baby princess on her birthday. Table décor is attractive as well. My grand mom's birthday treat is pending for next week due to some work commitments of all family members. But it will be a grand party evening at one of the best venues in Los Angeles already booked for fifty people online.

    ReplyDelete