Monday, September 27, 2010

Who needs a photography studio?

Who needs to spend the day at the photo studio with two babies who will inevitably be hungry, tired, or teething?  Who wants to spend all the time picking through a million proofs and feeling rushed in picking them?  Who wants to pay all the money for all the photos once you have found you couldn't make up your mind and you bought way more than you will ever display or need?? 

NOT ME!!!!! 

I am lucky to have a mother who has a professional style camera, a beautiful backyard, and the time to help me take pictures of my kids.  Since we are quickly approaching Stef's 1st birthday I really wanted her 1 year photos.  In between meals and naps I rushed over to my mothers house with baby in tow and a few props.  We stick baby in the yard and start clicking.  10 minutes later baby is over it...I am able to lay her down at grandmas, and I begin the editing process.  I upload the pictures on Picasa, weed out the ones I don't like, and begin editing the ones that I do.  Once I have my final list of pictures that I like and have edited complete then I send them to walmart.com where I order the size prints I want...and $14 dollars later I have about 23 pictures ranging from wallets to 8x10's.  Take a look at what we were able to take in a matter of 10 minutes.  We can't take all the credit though....we sure had a beautiful little model. 














1 comment: